Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Highlighted

More than one Dropbox folder?

Explorer | Level 4

I have the Pro account and a lot of data there.  I keep a lot of it (currently 392gb) available on my internal SSD (465gb net).  I use SmartSync for older files/folders.  However I am very near the limit of the internal drive.  So, I have just added a 2nd 512gb (477gb net) SSD to the PC.

But what I'm learning from the site is that it's currently not possible to have more than one DB folder on a system.  Or can I?

Alternatively, can a DB folder span more than one physical drive?

If all answers are no, then please add this to the "wouldn't that be cool" list of improvements/development ideas for the next version.

3 Replies

Re: More than one Dropbox folder?

New member | Level 2

my be the motherboard does not support two DB

Dropboxer

Hey @dlunday

Welcome to the Dropbox Community. 

Currently, there isn't a supported or recommended way that you can have the Dropbox folder syncing in two separate locations or paths at the same time. 

Feel free though to check out and post in our Share an idea, where other like-minded users can comment and upvote. grinning face with smiling eyes

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Star Collaborator | Level 18

Hi @dlunday,

In fact actual limitation is related to single Dropbox folder (per account). All account content must be (currently) inside this folder. In this context if your system do not support splitting folder content between more partitions/drives (as is on Windows) then it's not possible to have "more than one DB folder" on different partitions/drives. If your system support splitting (mounting in fact), then you can workaround. winking face For example in Linux many partitions/drives can get 'sticked' (mounted) in single directory.

Hope this clarifies the things.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

More than one Dropbox folder?
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post