cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move or copy photos from iPhone or iCloud to Dropbox

Move or copy photos from iPhone or iCloud to Dropbox

pigletbunny
New member | Level 2

I’m using the latest iOS 12 release, and the latest version of the Dropbox iOS app, on my iPhone X.

I have over 7,000 photos on my iPhone; they are also synced to my iCloud. (The volume consists of pretty much every photo I’ve ever had on an iPhone, beginning with an iPhone 4S.)

Having this number of photos on my iPhone has been making my iPhone quite sluggish.

I tried using the Dropbox iOS app’s built-in feature to copy or move the photos to one of my Dropbox folders; but, on each attempt, the Dropbox iOS app hangs, after moving anywhere from few hundred to a couple of thousand photos.

I then opened the iCloud app in Windows 10, intending to copy the photos en masse to Dropbox, then, once the move was confirmed, erase the photos from my iCloud. (I also tried this through accessing my iCloud via Google Chrome.)

I can’t seem to select more than 1 photo at a time, in my iCloud photos area. As you can imagine, selecting over 7,000 photos, one at a time, is not feasible.

Thank u VERY much, peeps, for any help with this! 🙂

3 Replies 3

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Hey @pigletbunny, I appreciate the detailed message! 

I’d like follow along starting off from the Dropbox mobile app. Just so as to make sure we’re on the same page, can you clarify whether you’ve attempted the Move through the Files app on your iPhone? If so, did you “Select all” & moved to a folder in Dropbox? 

Can you elaborate on whether “hanging” implies that the move was interrupted at a certain point or not starting at all?

Moving on to your pc, it would be worth noting that you’d need to download your photos & then re-upload/sync to Dropbox either using our Web Uploader or the Dropbox desktop app. 

Hopefully my post points you towards the right direction; please let me know how you get on & we'll go from there! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

skzai
Explorer | Level 3

I am also facing the exact [link removed as per Community Guidelines] issue. Can you guide me if this is solved?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Hey @skzai, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

In order to further advise, could you include a bit more detail on what’s been troubling you &/or anything you’ve tried on your end to resolve that? 

Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    skzai Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?