cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Dropbox account has been downgraded. Can I still assess files in Dropbox?

My Dropbox account has been downgraded. Can I still assess files in Dropbox?

glrevans
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My dropbox account has been "downgraded" Can I still get access to files/photos in Dropbox?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Yes, you can. All of your files are still accessible by logging in to your account on the Dropbox website. If you're over your storage quota after downgrading, syncing to your devices stops, but your files remain safe in Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

If your account is over quota and not syncing to your computer, then you need to use the Dropbox website to download your files in batches. Selecting a folder or multiple files for download will produce a Zip file. Make sure you check each file after download before you delete your account or its content as the larger Zip files downloaded from Dropbox have been known to have problems extracting. It's much better since they've increased the limits, but I wouldn't risk your data by not checking.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Yes, you can. All of your files are still accessible by logging in to your account on the Dropbox website. If you're over your storage quota after downgrading, syncing to your devices stops, but your files remain safe in Dropbox.

jimd1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

How can I do a final download of the files in my degraded Dropbox account to my PC before closing the account?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

If your account is over quota and not syncing to your computer, then you need to use the Dropbox website to download your files in batches. Selecting a folder or multiple files for download will produce a Zip file. Make sure you check each file after download before you delete your account or its content as the larger Zip files downloaded from Dropbox have been known to have problems extracting. It's much better since they've increased the limits, but I wouldn't risk your data by not checking.

jimd1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Cheers Rich,

that  is very helpful - I have left off doing anything about this for so long I had forgotten how to export files from the overloaded account. I am now proceeding carefully and will check the contents of the zipped files as you advise.

Thanks again,

Jim

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to Ask help from the Community here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jimd1 Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?