cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Dropbox seems to be very slow. What can I do?

My Dropbox seems to be very slow. What can I do?

AndrewTsat99
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Recently, it has become very difficult to navigate and update downloaded files on my mac.  It has come to a point where every action, every click I make takes an extra second or two to occur. I have become very frustrated and it makes dropbox increasingly more impossible to use. To be clear, I dont access my files through the dropbox website, they are dowloaded files that I share with one other person in my business. The files a relatively big, but they always have been which leads me to believe that this is a new problem. 

Please help. Thank you. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@AndrewTsat99 wrote:

To be clear, I dont access my files through the dropbox website, they are dowloaded files that I share with one other person in my business.

So you're accessing them directly within the Dropbox folder, through Finder?

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@AndrewTsat99 wrote:

To be clear, I dont access my files through the dropbox website, they are dowloaded files that I share with one other person in my business.

So you're accessing them directly within the Dropbox folder, through Finder?

AndrewTsat99
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yes.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @AndrewTsat99

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

If you find that your device is showing that the desktop app is causing high RAM or CPU usage, and results in an overall slow-down, check out this article for some suggestions on how to tackle it. 

If you're still having trouble with this, could you please attach a screenshot (without any personal info) of any report or error that you see regarding this? 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Nathan G.6
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Mine is doing the same thing in Windows.  Browsing through Explorer is VERY slow to open folder or files.  Using the dumb Dropbox app is fast, as is typing in the folder path in Explorer directly.  It doesn't seem to matter if the Dropbox is running or not either.  Very frustrating.

Nathan G.6
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hey I figured it out.  I noticed that OneDrive was also super slow. So I  uninstalled Apple iCloud and rebooted.  That seemd to fix both OneDrive and Dropbox speeds.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Nathan G.6, thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your concern in the end. 

If you have any other questions, let us know and we'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

DigF
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you !!! I have been trying to fix exactly the same problem for days - extremely frustrating. Uninstalling iCloud fixed it for both OneDrive and Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DigF New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    Nathan G.6 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?