Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Highlighted

My account says it's full but I somehow have duplicates

Explorer | Level 3

i have been told that my dropbox is full.But I found a lot of photo duplicates which I did not do

5 Replies

Re: full dropbox

Dropboxer

Hi there @aghuzal, thanks for reaching out to us about this!

At first, if your account is reporting that it's over its limit, you can remove unwanted files and shared folders to make space, as well as earn storage to increase it. 

As for the duplicates, could you please clarify where you're seeing them? Is it in your Camera Uploads folder, in a shared folder, or in a regular/private one? 

Do you see any additional info outlined about them in your events page

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3
The duplicates seem to get more and more and I spend hours to get rid of some of them. They are from my camera uploads

Dropboxer

Thanks for letting me know, @aghuzal

Could you also compare a few duplicates with the originals and confirm if they are the same size?

Keep me posted!

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3
You are making it very difficult for me. Either you can solve it or you cant

Dropboxer

I understand that this may not be easy, but we need to investigate this first before I can provide any solution for you. 

The reason I asked if the original and duplicated photos are the same size is because, if they are:

• Different, it generally means that the original photo was modified by a third-party app, most likely by adding metadata. This would change the size of the image causing the Dropbox app to detect it as a new file and uploading it.
  • The same, we'd have to continue via email to have a better look into this, due to account-specific info that'd be needed.

Let me know what you find, and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks, @aghuzal!

Lusil

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

My account says it's full but I somehow have duplicates
5 Replies
0 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post