Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

yes

My files in Finder wouldn't update on my account online since I joined a Dropbox Business team. Why?

New member | Level 2

Dear all, 

Since my boss shared with me the business account folder I am not able to make changes on the finder. meaning that every file I add in the folder has the blue sync mark and it never goes trough. 

Only online I am able to upload files. 

Does anyone have a solution?! 

thanks!!

Tags (1)
5 Replies

Re: doesn't upload files from Finder

Dropboxer

Hey @enricorapellathanks for the detailed description of what this looks like on your end! It’s my understanding that the files you’ve placed within Dropbox don’t sync to your account online as expected at the moment, so to my mind your best bet would be unlinking your account to your desktop & relinking once, just so as to rebuild the local database settings. 

Once you do, please let me know whether you can see the overlay icons on your files refreshing as they should Arrows Counter Clock/ White check mark & if you can see the files you’ve placed within the Dropbox folder updating on your account on our website.

It would be very useful if you could also include a screenshot of the Dropbox syncing status, as displayed on your menu bar/system tray, especially any messages displayed there. Additionally, please let me know if you've received any diagnostic messages on your end or you've noticed anything out of the ordinary other than syncing that is.

Thanks & I’ll be awaiting your next reply, in order to further advise accordingly Enrico! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

thanks  Jane for your reply. I tried to unlink and relink my profile but still I have the same exact problem. I will show two screenshots of the dropbox tap which is constantly connecting/uploading 493files but it's not able to upload them. if i put them on the folder via finder they will only be available to me and not fully online! 

Screenshot 2019-07-23 at 11.36.28.pngScreenshot 2019-07-23 at 11.41.07.png

Dropboxer

I appreciate your prompt reply here with the screenshots detailing me what this looks like on your end @enricorapella! Following-up on this discrepancy, would you mind giving our Offline installer a try after disabling your Antivirus to see if this helps amend the issue you’re facing?

Thanks again & please let me know of the outcome; I’m positive we’ll get this fixed together!

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

New member | Level 2

Thanks Jane fot your support. Eventually i managed by uninstalling and installing dropbox on my mac! have a good day, ciao!

Dropboxer

🤹‍♀️ Fantastic @enricorapella; glad to hear that we managed to get this sorted together & thanks for the update!

Please feel free to ping us back here in case you have any further observations or inquiries in the future & it’ll be a pleasure to work with you again. Happy Dropboxing & I'm wishing you a relaxed weekend ahead! 🍉

Jane

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

My files in Finder wouldn't update on my account online since I joined a Dropbox Business team. Why?
5 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Looking for Dropbox Paper users

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post