Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

yes

Highlighted

My pdf notes on my table don't sync with my computer

Explorer | Level 4

I´d like knowing if there is a way to save the notes (in the own file) we made on pdf files through site cause when i open pdf file on my pdf program i realized the notes i made through site doesn´t show off when i open it on adobe program, for example.

7 Replies

Re: My pdf notes on my table don't sync with my computer

Dropboxer

Could you please provide a bit more info on this? Does this occur with a specific .pdf file or any .pdf file? Have you noticed this happen to any other file type by any chance? 

Also, when you refer to:

@maurocelso wrote:

notes (in the own file) we made on pdf files through site 

Could you please clarify if you’re referring to comments? 

Finally, any screenshots (omitting personal info) as a point of reference to have a better understanding of what you’re seeing would be very much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance! grinning face with smiling eyes

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 4

Sorry Lusil for the missing information,

it follows what you asked...

what I call notes is "comments" as you said.

Comments-Site.png

In the site I´ve got a file with 426 comments. I printed page 30 for exemple and shows as well all the comments in this page. And it shows that the last comments is in the page 259.

Comments-Adobe.png

In Adobe Acrobat, if you check, I´ve got 58 comments and the las comment is in the page 22. And it don´t show off the same highlights I have got on the site. And it is the same file!!! I cant understand that. I supose that the comments in the site stays in the site. Why?

These 22 comments I made through Adobe Acrobat, by the way....

I didnt test it in another file...

Thanks for your answer...

Dropboxer
Thanks for the additional screenshots, @maurocelso, they definitely provide a better understanding of your question. I’ve also removed some personal info included in your post for security and privacy purposes. 

Moving on to your query though, comments that you add from the website can sync to the mobile app as well, but not to the desktop app, which would also explain why you’re not able to view them there. 

In any case, I do understand how important this is for you, so I’ve made sure to send your comments to the dev team for future consideration. 

If you have any other thoughts you’d like me to forward or any further questions, please don’t hesitate to get back to me. Thanks! slightly smiling face

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for your attention,

Tried to open this file on mobile phone but couldnt see the comments made, I think what is create in website stays in website.

You could be sure of is important for me. I´ve got to find a way to export those 426 comments cause am going to make a presentetion with them. grimacing face

Have you got any idea how could do this, without have to do it one by one (CTRL+C; CTRL+V)?

I choose dropbox for doing this job cause is cross platform... now i´m stuck...

If you can help me with it I am grateful...

thanks for your attention...

Dropboxer
Hey again, !

Currently, there isn’t a way to automatically export comments in one go, but this would definitely be helpful. I’ve added this to your previous feedback as well and shared it with our dev team. 

In the meantime, I was able to get these comments, in a way, “exported” (although separate from the document in which they were in and as a result separate from the location in the file) by copy-pasting the whole comments section, instead of doing it individually. 

More information
I started from the very top and dragged my mouse pointer all the way down to the last comment, copied the selection and pasted it in another doc. I did have to make a few edits though, since copy-pasting also included unnecessary items, such as my avatar icon. 
I know that this may not be the answer you were hoping for, nor the greatest of workarounds, but I do hope this helps in some way. nerd face

Lusil

Explorer | Level 4

Thank you Lusil,

I appreciate your strenght to answer my questions. As you said copy and past all the comments helps a lot but yet isnt the definite solution... it´d helped if a comment was linked with the text highlighted and would be happy if your development area solved this that´s why am greatfull for you to send this for them. relieved face

I think you helped with all my questions and doubts... thanks for everything...

Dropboxer

I’m glad to have helped to some extent, @maurocelsosmiling face with halo If you have any other questions in the future, just give me a shout and, in the meantime, have a great weekend ahead!

Lusil

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

My pdf notes on my table don't sync with my computer
7 Replies
2 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post