Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

Highlighted

My photos are out of order

Explorer | Level 3

How do I change the order of my photos?

3 Replies

Re: My photos are out of order

Super User II

Photos within your Dropbox folders are ordered like all other files; alphanumerically by name. You can change the sort order by clicking column headers. If you need to put your photos in a sepcific order, rename them so they sort in the order you wish when sorted by name.

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Rich,

My photos seem to be sorted by date of upload. Is there a way to change the date or, better yet, can I drag and drop them in the desired order?

Super User II

@Win2 wrote:

My photos seem to be sorted by date of upload.

That would likely be on the Photos page, not within the main Files area of your account.

Is there a way to change the date or, better yet, can I drag and drop them in the desired order?

There is no option within Dropbox to change the date of your files. You'd have to use a third-party utility to do that. There are many utilities that can change the time stamps of a file, along with others that can change the EXIF data within a photo, where the Date Taken data is stored.

Photos on the Photos page are displayed in the order uploaded. That's it. There is no ability to re-order them on that page. Dropbox no longer contains photo albums or other needed photo features. They were removed long ago as Dropbox has moved away from photo management.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

My photos are out of order
3 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post