Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

Highlighted

My public links are no longer working

Explorer | Level 3

I cannot seem to get this public link to work. What am I doing wrong? I am a Dropbox Plus user

[shared link removed]

7 Replies

Re: My public links are no longer working

Dropboxer

I’m sorry to hear you are having this issue - I’d be more than happy to help!

Could you please clarify what exactly it is you would like to achieve with this shared link so that I may assist you more accurately?

From what I could see of the structure of the link (which I removed for your security), it appears that it was created correctly.

If you would like the recipient of the shared link to be able to view the file, then you can replicate how they would view this by right clicking the link and choosing “Open link in incognito/private window”. In doing this, do you receive an error message? If so please take a screenshot (excluding any personal info) and send this onto me.

Otherwise, are you trying to get the content of the link to appear in an email as a signature? If so, unfortunately this would not work by using a shared link, you would need to upload/add the content itself to see it.

Let me know if this helps to clarify things, I’m looking forward to your reply - Cheers! 

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Explorer | Level 3

i'm also facing this issue, recently i have mentioned some relevant links of website [link removed] in thread from another account, and they are nowhere now :|

Dropboxer
Hey, @munubi.

Thanks for joining us here!

I’m not very clear on the situation you are explaining here, could you please clarify what the issue is you are experiencing? Any screenshots (excluding personal info) of error messages or unexpected behavior is always helpful.

Let me know - Cheers!

Daphne

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3

why my link get removed again n again|??

[link removed by moderator]

Dropboxer
Hey again @munubi,

The links were removed as they don’t adhere to our Community guidelines which I suggest you check out here. I’d be more than happy to help with your issue but you will need to stay on topic and provide info so that we can assist you here.

Thanks!

Daphne

New member | Level 2

facing same issue with my site [link removed by moderator as per Community Guidelines]

Dropboxer
Hey there @sohailafzal,

Just to note, I’ve removed the link you posted to adhere to our Community Guidelines. I’d be more than happy to help with the issue you’re experiencing, so please can you provide me some more info on the matter?

For instance, are you receiving an error message when trying to open a Dropbox shared link? If you’re seeing any errors, please send a screenshot of this in your reply and let me know the steps you take when you receive this message.

Let me know - Thanks!

Daphne

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

My public links are no longer working
7 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post