cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My "share dropbox link" option in the drop down box is gone, how do I get it back?

My "share dropbox link" option in the drop down box is gone, how do I get it back?

Michael M.84
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm trying to send a link to someone and I have the file saved to my dropbox but I don't have the option to share the dropbox link. This just started as I shared a link a few weeks ago.

53 Replies 53

Roy R.4
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Rebooting worked once for me. But have since rebooted multiple times (I shut my Mac down daily) and the problem persists.

Roy R.4
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

After restarting my Mac this morning, Finder Integration is currently working. Not sure how or why it returned, but glad it did. Fingers crossed that it continues to do so. 🙂 

></p>

Roy R.4
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

What the heck is going on, Dropbox? After restarting my Mac this morning, Finder Integration is not working again.

></p>

Barbara C.27
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Yes, Mine has disappeared, after using it successfully for some time. No reason why. DROPBOX please help. Dropbox pro version 3.10.7

Cignet D.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have been having similar problem. One solution (not ideal) is that if you actually have the file open you should (in the new version of Dropbox) see the blue Dropbox symbol on the side of the open window. Click this - click share link. Then you can paste the link in emails etc. See screen shot below with Dropbox options opened. Note this will only work if the file is saved in Dropbox already, otherwise you will not see the symbol. Hope this helps.

></p>

Michael B.31
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Cignet D. That is all well and good for word files (Dropbox ICON also missing for me there now as well), but what about PDF, jpg, etc? The list goes on. I have same issue on both my MACs. The context menu works occasionally, but not most off the time. Very frustrating. Have tried every fix I can find but there is not much out there for El Capitan. Rebooting does not work. Have the latest version for MAC (3.12.6). Wondered if OneDrive may have been interfering but uninstalled it and problem persists. C'mon dropbox. What happened? What is the fix?

Ivor J.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I just found that I've also lost the capability to use the contextual-click method of creating a shared file. I had to get the link to share by accessing our Dropbox account via the website. I haven't tried re-starting the iMac (current version 10.11.3 of El Capitan) since I just read that potential solution.

UPDATE: I restarted the iMac, and the contextual choices for sharing via Dropbox from the desktop have returned. Strange.

Ivor

Anvisha P.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hey folks,

This might be because we're interfering with other Finder extensions (Creative cloud etc) you may have running on your computer.

While we're working on fixing the bug with Apple, you *could* disable the other Finder extensions in System Preferences > Extensions > Finder:

></p>
<p> </p>
<p>Try it, and let me know if that works.</p>

Ivor J.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thank you, Anvisha. The only Finder extensions that I have are the ones for Creative Cloud and Dropbox which are listed in System Preferences > Extensions > Finder. So far, I haven't lost the Dropbox menu choices yet since I last re-started. You don't think that running Cocktail by Maintain could cause a problem?

Ivor 

Anvisha P.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I think it's more likely the Creative Cloud finder extension. Anyway, I'm glad to hear this is working for you- hopefully it's not flaky in the future!

Need more support?