cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Re: My "share dropbox link" option in the drop down box is gone, how do I get it back?

My "share dropbox link" option in the drop down box is gone, how do I get it back?

Michael M.84
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm trying to send a link to someone and I have the file saved to my dropbox but I don't have the option to share the dropbox link. This just started as I shared a link a few weeks ago.

53 Replies 53

Ivor J.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thank you, Anvisha. I started my computer today, and the "Share link via Dropbox" and similar are still present, so I didn't have to turn off any finder extensions such as Creative Cloud, Sophos Security, and 1Password. Good luck in correcting the problem.

Ivor

Steven A.11
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi, same problem as above guys but i don't have any extensions in the menu (as pictured)........ any help appreciated please.  

Steven></p>

Kristina S.1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

same problem as Steven A. is happening to me the past few months. No share drop box link in the dropdown menu. No green check marks next to my files. Really frustrating when you pay for PRO and can't even easily share the files! Dropbox c'mon help us out!

I'm running Mac OS X 10.7.5

Bryan A.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Having this same issue, no option for "share" in the contextual menu, and no green check next to files in the folder...

Is there a SOLID fix for this other than a restart?

Anyone from Dropbox chime in on this??

Julia K.6
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have half of this problem --  no "share" option in the dropdown menu from Finder, but files seem to synch properly and Finder displays the green check next to them. 

Dropbox is the ONLY Finder extension I have.

I'm running 10.10.5 (Yosemite).

Will definitely consider other file sharing options; this is annoying.

Cyril L.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same issue after installing El Capitan. I just had to open my dropbox app and re-signin.

Hope that helps, maybe I just got lucky

Julia K.6
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Thanks Cyril, that worked for me! 

For anyone (like me) who isn't sure how to quit the Dropbox app, it is in the "system tray" (the line of icons where the clock, wifi icon, volume control, etc are), rather than the dock. Right click on the Dropbox icon, and then click on the gear icon in the bottom right corner of the window that drops down. Quit should be an option in the dropdown menu. You can then relaunch Dropbox from the icon in your Applications folder. After doing this, the share option reappeared in the r-click menu from Dropbox files for me.

Tom D.16
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Don't know if this answer if redundant from the others, but I have this problem , too.  I can share via email, or airdrop, plus others, but just want to share a link.   So don't forget you can do at your dropbox website account - very easily, but, yes, you have to navigate to the website and log in.  

Jeremy H.11
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The option to copy and attach a link to an email to a client has gone....?? I'm running on Windows 7 so I am assuming an update has taken place and this issue has occurred. I have tried re-booting my PC but nothing has changed. How long are before you guys are planning on sorting out this mjajor issue??

Amy G.12
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Thanks Julia K. that worked for me - thanks all SO MUCH - lifesaver!

Need more support?