Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

My upload is frozen after some time. What can I do?

New member | Level 2

Hey everyone! So I just did a shoot and I'm trying to upload the pictures to my dropbox. I have 2TB of storage space so i know this isnt a storage problem. 

They are RAW images and i was uploading 127 pictures. It said it was going to take 3 hours so i left to do its thing. About 3 hours later I checked it again and it said 97 pictures reamaining which said it was going to take 2 hours. I thought it was odd but just went to bed. Woke up the next morning, and it still said 97 pictures at 2 hours remaining. 

I restarted it and reuploaded and its still doing the same thing. Am I missing something? Am i doing something wrong? 

I have a dead line of this evening to upload them! Any suggestions would be a huge help! Thanks so much in advance!

Tags (1)
3 Replies

Re: Frozen Upload

Dropboxer
Hi there @ferderko, sorry to hear that. 

Could you please clarify the following for me:
  • Are you adding these files by manually uploading them or through camera uploads?
  • Are you uploading them through the mobile app, the desktop app, or the website? 
  • If you’re using the mobile app, could you please let me know if you’re connected through WiFi or data usage? Have you tried another WiFi network by any chance? 
Any additional info would be very helpful. 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

I am uploading them from an SD card through the website

Dropboxer
Thanks for getting back to me, @ferderko

Since you’re adding them through a browser, please bear in mind that each file or folder must be 50 GB or smaller. For this reason, you could try uploading them in smaller batches through the website or use the desktop or mobile apps, which don’t have a file size limit.

Let me know of any updates!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

My upload is frozen after some time. What can I do?
3 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post