Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Highlighted

My video previews but after downloading, it does not play all of it, why?

New member | Level 2

Hi all. HELP! I have a video of my son's play 2 hours 18 minutes long. I'm able to see the whole thing in preview but when I download, the movie shows that length, but when I play it on the DVD I burned, it cuts off around 14 minutes. I've tried re-downloading, with the same result. Any suggestions? I'm working on a deadline, Thanks!

2 Replies

Re: Download cut off?

New member | Level 2

The file I'm trying to download is 38.78GB. Can I compress this?

Re: Download cut off?

Dropboxer
Hey there, @Jeralyn.

I’m sorry to hear you are having this issue!

Can you just clarify for me, when you download the file, are you able to view the whole video when playing it on your device like you see on the web (before burning it onto the CD)?

Also, are you downloading the file manually from the website or syncing it to your desktop via the Dropbox desktop app? If it is via the app, can you let me know what sync icon is showing next to the file and the current app status?

Finally, are you receiving any error messages? If so, please send me a screenshot of this (excluding personal info) so that I can see this.

Looking forward to hearing from you - Cheers!

PS. In terms of compressing, the video should download as compressed, currently there isn’t an option to specify to download the file any other way.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

My video previews but after downloading, it does not play all of it, why?
2 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post