cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New message notification but can't find the message

New message notification but can't find the message

sbtracy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have a 'new message notification' number on the Dropbox icon in my Mac Menu but can't find the message. I get message all the time from my clients, but this one seems to be missing or an old one won't clear. I've tried logging out and back in again, but the number is still there.

Any suggestions about either why I can't find the message, or why an old message hasn't cleared (and how to clear it)?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sbtracy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks Daphne.

Turns out it was the "here's new info you need to know about Dropbox updates" notes that were turning on the notification number that I thought I couldn't clear. Didn't know that those would indicate that I had a notification. When I opened those, the number went away.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @sbtracy, thanks for reaching out to us here!

When you click on the Dropbox icon in your menu bar, can you go to the Notifications tab and let me know what you see there? A screenshot of this would be helpful (excluding personal info).

Also, which version of the desktop app do you have installed?

Let me know and we'll go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

sbtracy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks Daphne.

Turns out it was the "here's new info you need to know about Dropbox updates" notes that were turning on the notification number that I thought I couldn't clear. Didn't know that those would indicate that I had a notification. When I opened those, the number went away.

Thanks!

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm happy to hear that did the trick @sbtracy!

Thanks for sharing exactly what resolved this for you too, I'm sure that this will be helpful for anyone else having the same issue. 

Feel free to give me a nudge here if you have any other questions. :grin:

Have a good day ahead!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    sbtracy New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?