Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Not enough space to join shared folder

New member | Level 2

Jane, Regarding this question, I am experimenting a problem trying to connect to a share file which was created by a partner. 

He updated his account to a DROPBOX PLUS plan and invite three different accounts to have access to it, two accounts did it before me without any problem,(I mean when they did it the were ablo to see the complete file and its whole capacity of 2TB) but when I try to have access  , a pop up window with the legent "..Your account does not have enough space ..." or something similar to it, and my access and account has just 2GB of space. 

Is there any restriction on the number of accounts for this type of plan ? How could I solve the problem?

Thanks in advance for your quick reply.

Edwin

3 Replies

Re: Not enough space to join shared folder

Super User II

@EAA76 

I'm splitting your post off to its own topic as the one you replied to is unrelated.

@EAA76 wrote:

... when I try to have access  , a pop up window with the legent "..Your account does not have enough space ..." or something similar to it, and my access and account has just 2GB of space. 

Is there any restriction on the number of accounts for this type of plan ? How could I solve the problem?

The restriction is on your account, and it's stated in the message you're receiving. You don't have enough available space in your account to hold the folder, so you're unable to join it. Refer to the following help article for more information:

You'll need to increase your available space, either by deleting files from your account or by upgrading to a larger plan, before you'll be able to join the folder.

New member | Level 2

Rich, thanks for your answer, but it brings me a new question. As you split my post it does not have the whole picture of my issue.

What I described with the others users has a reason, and it is USER A updated his account to a DROPBOX PLUS account, and he share it with three of us. USEER B and USER C, did the same as me , using the link USER A sent to share andwork as a concurred files any one could edit , read or save. Tha problem I have is I can not reply the access the got, even with the same characteristics of their accounts. Is there any restriction on the number of shared users in a DROPBOX PLUS account?

If don´t, how come I am not able to join and use the same information the three of them are using now if just one of them upgraded his account? 

Dropboxer

A Dropbox Plus subscription is for an individual account and cannot be shared between multiple Dropbox accounts.

From the error message that you’re receiving, you must be referring to a shared folder invitation. The user with the upgraded Dropbox account invited you to a shared folder they own, but to be able to access the folder, you need to add the folder to your account.

You will need to have enough space in your Dropbox account to add the shared folder. In this case, User B and C had enough space to add the folder but you do not. You can see how much free space you have in your account from your Plans page.

Hope this helps to clarify the matter - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Not enough space to join shared folder
3 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post