Announcements
Can you spare 5 minutes to help us improve our online support experience? Get involved!

yes

Highlighted

Not getting file change notifications on my iOS devices

New member | Level 2

I have two Mac Books and two IOS devices. When an update to a shared folder occurs both Macs show a notification almost instantaneously, but neither IOS devices show any notifications, ever.

If I check the shared folder on the IOS devices I can see the changes, so syncing has occured. 

As far as I can see all Dropbox options/settings to show notifications on the IOS devices are on.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

7 Replies

Re: IOS Notifications

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there, notifications on the mobile app are limited to invitations to shared folders only.

You don’t get any option to enable notifications for when individual files are updated on your account.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Is there likely to be an enhancement to show changes on iOS? 

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
We aren’t informed of any potential updates to the app, however, I’ll forward this suggestion to the dev team for their consideration!

Jay

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

New member | Level 2
As of the latest version I'm using (148.2.2), there's an "activity" feature that shows recent changes made by "team". Curiously enough, it hasn't occurred to the developers to include the user's own recent activity. So when I need to access files on which I've made recent changes, I have no way other than to navigate through the folder tree.

Dropboxer
Hey @vnarasim, are you working on an iOS device by any chance, as the OP had initially described? If so, I’m wondering whether you’ve tried switching between the Notifications/ Team Activity tab to locate the info you’re missing. 

Kindly note that Notifications field hasn’t changed, however "Activity" should display the info you could previously see on "Home” if you’re working on a personal account. 

Please let me know how you get on with my advice or if I’ve misunderstood your initial description in any way & I’ll do my best to check back with you soon. Thanks!

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

New member | Level 2
Thanks for your help. Yes, I am using iOS. The "recent" view shows the files I've accessed recently, but not those I've modified recently. Meanwhile, the "activity" view shows "team activity" and "notifications". Neither of these shows recent modifications by me.

Dropboxer

Thanks a lot for the time you devoted to clarify that for me @vnarasim; I’ve now made a note of your observation for my report internally, as our engineers are always looking for user input. Thanks again for choosing Dropbox for choosing Dropbox & dropping us a line on the Community!

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Not getting file change notifications on my iOS devices
7 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post