Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Highlighted

Not showing any "online-only" Smart sync options when right-clicking the folder in Dropbox

New member | Level 2

I am trying to save up some space on my mac laptop. AT the moments ALL the folders and files have the green check icon meaning I have access to all the files offline. However, when I right click on any of the files, I can't see the option "online-only" or offline. I can only see the common options such as: copy, paste, move to trash, rename, compress... etc 

Could you give me a hand? 

Cheers 

5 Replies

Re: Not showing any "online-only" Smart sync options when right-clicking the folder in Dro

Super User II

First, do you have a Dropbox Professional (or Business) account? The Smart Sync feature is only available on Professional and Business accounts.

If you have one of those account types, make sure the Dropbox client is running and you should see a Smart Sync option when you right-click.

9b766c959a6c76e4b7baf8d090c67234.png

Re: Not showing any "online-only" Smart sync options when right-clicking the folder in Dro

New member | Level 2

Hello,
I have windows and I have a professional account.
Online Only option used to show in my PC but it disappeared all of a sudden.

I unlinked dropbox, uninstalled dropbox app, reinstalled dropbox and it isnt working now also.

Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that, @LuqmanRafiq

If you’ve ensured that the desktop app is running and up to date (by locating it next to your computer’s clock and clicking on it), then can you also check this article out for some suggestions on how to tackle Smart Sync issues?

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

I believe I have a similar issue - got upgraded to the "plus" plan, which now should support that feature, but nothing happens - I don't even have such an option via right click (Mac)

Dropboxer
Hey there @Philipp K.3, sorry to hear that. 

As a first step, could you please let me know if you've tried rebooting your computer? 

Additionally, could you ensure that you have the latest stable version installed (77.4.131) by hovering over your Dropbox icon? Please remember that a beta version can be recognized by a xx.3.xx, instead of the xx.4.xx. So if you’re on a beta build, it means that you have opted in to Early Releases in your online account settings.

If you have the stable version of the desktop app, could you check if you’ve enabled the option to use Smart Sync and, if you have, try disabling it and re-enabling it? It might do the trick. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Not showing any "online-only" Smart sync options when right-clicking the folder in Dropbox
5 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post