cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Highlighted

Paper Download Action Broken

New member | Level 2

When trying to download/export a Paper document, the "Download" menu opens a dialog with the little wizard on it that says

Download Waiting to start…

But nothing ever happens.  I've tried on Safari, Chrome and Firefox all with the same result.

Tags (1)
14 Replies

Does export even work?

Helpful | Level 5

Newcomer to Paper...

So I happen to need a printable copy of a document - export to docx seems like the right approach, since there does not seem to be a built-in print function.

Does this even work at all? A very simple todo list just hangs up with the merry elf indicating "waiting to start" - then nothing. True for docx and markdown. How hard can it be to create a markdown version of a todo list?

It would seem that if this worked at all, it would happen more or less instantaneously for simple documents, but I've at least been patient enough to wait for 2-3 minutes several times with no luck.

- Mark

Re: Does export even work?

Super User II
Yes, it works. It just seems to take time. I'm merging your post into another thread. See my previous replies.

Explorer | Level 3

There used to be a built-in print function but for some reason they've (very recently) removed it :(

Super User II
It has gone due to 'Technical Reasons'.

I am ASSUMING it will be back at some point.

However, you can use the standard browser print function and that will work.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Helpful | Level 5

Yeah so this seems to be insanely broken. Your export might work after an hour, two hours, never?

This is a pretty important function, particulary in the absence of a print capability, so I feel much pain around it.

Explorer | Level 3

The key appears to be leaving the browser open and come back later.  Not sure how many hours but it happened sometime overnight.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi all,

It looks like a hiccup in our end. Are you still having issues trying to export it?

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 5

It appears to be better. Now when I ask to download a document, the preparation seems to be just a few minutes.

Still oddly unresponsive, but not pathologically so.

-Mark

Helpful | Level 5

BTW, the comment

If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly! slightly smiling face

is problematic, there does not appear to be any way to do this.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Paper Download Action Broken
14 Replies
4 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post