Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Highlighted

Photo Resolution Changing to 72dpi

Explorer | Level 3

Hello! I've been using Dropbox for several years now, and a few weeks ago I started having issues with the resolution the photos were uploading with. I have several artists who upload their recent work into a shared folder, and recently no matter which artist is uploading phots, or where they are uploading from (iphone, android, computer, ipad) they are at 72 dpi. I've had all the artists check their phone settings, I've uninstalled and reinstalled Dropbox and I'm still having this issue. I know that they show you a previewed image at a lower resolution, but when I open the files in Photoshop its set to 72 dpi.  

Tags (1)
5 Replies

Re: Photo Resolution Changing to 72dpi

Dropboxer
Hey @zeeiszae, thanks for taking the time to outline me what this looks like on your end! Just so as to check back on whether I’m seeing anything different when working on the same content, let me have a closer look through our Official Support channel. To get going with that, I’ve sent you a brief message on the email address connected to your Community profile. 

Whenever you have some spare time, please have a look at your inbox for my message & I’ll make sure to promptly follow-up with you asap. Thanks again & I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

I have the  same issue and I have years of family photos in dropbox. What is happening? All my son's recent graduation photos have lost their original resolution!

Dropboxer

Hey @ejcr, thanks for the nudge, I’ve just sent you a brief message back on my end; please have a look at your inbox & we’ll take it from there! 

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jane,

Thank you for the reply! I can't seem to find the email  though :(

Dropboxer
I appreciate it that you circled back to me to let me know @zeeiszae! Now, while it would be worth checking your Spam filter, if you’re still unable to see my email, let me quickly suggest logging in to our support system by visiting dropbox.zendesk.com with the email address you use for your Community profile. You‘ll need to create a password there, as it is separate from your Dropbox account. 

I’ll be awaiting your next message, in order to check what’s happening together. Thanks again for taking the time to work on that with me! 

Jane

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Photo Resolution Changing to 72dpi
5 Replies
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post