cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos tab on iOS shows photos all over the account

Photos tab on iOS shows photos all over the account

g v.
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

Hi,

I share a folder with a gazillion photos and I don't want to see them mixed in with the photos I take on my iphone and upload via the photos tab. How can I choose to see only photos that I upload into Camera Uploads?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, there isn’t a way to choose which photos can appear in the Photos tab. 

It automatically shows any image on your account, including those in shared folders.

I’ll pass your feedback onto our dev team for their consideration to change this in future.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, there isn’t a way to choose which photos can appear in the Photos tab. 

It automatically shows any image on your account, including those in shared folders.

I’ll pass your feedback onto our dev team for their consideration to change this in future.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Elixir
Super User
Go to solution

Hey @g v., You may organise your photos in folders (like albums), and browse them by folder. For example, you may go the Files tab, and browse the folder Camera uploads.

g v.
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

Hi Jay, that would be a great addition, especially with shared folders. I don't want to inadvertedly delete so. else's images. 

g v.
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

that would work too, thanks. 

Karl H.4
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Elixir suggests "go the Files tab, and browse the folder Camera Uploads." This is an excellent suggestion. However, that folder is inexplicably missing when I view my files. Why? Making it accessible would be the simplest fix for this issue. thanks

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Karl H.4

If you're navigating through the website or the mobile app and you have the camera uploads feature enabled, you should be able to see it through the Files tab. 

If you don't see it though or you're unable to access it, please don't hesitate to get back to me with any additional info and screenshots (without personal details) that will allow me to have a better understanding of your concern. 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Jomperez
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi l lose my photo from my cell is because my cell go internet out controller l had to change my Email and password. But my photography file going out from my cellphone l ask can you restore to my cell backup. I pay for do that job . Just for one time.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @Jomperez

Let's see what we can find. 

At first, since you mention that you used a different email and password, could it be that you're looking at a different account than the one that contains the photos?

You can check with email address is connected to your account from:

If you find that it's the same account and you're missing files, you can recover them as shown in this article

Let me know if this helps!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    Jomperez New member | Level 2
    Karl H.4 Helpful | Level 7
    g v. Collaborator | Level 10
What do Dropbox user levels mean?