Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

Prioritize folders / files to be downloaded

Explorer | Level 3

It's great to have this sync files first option to back up important files first.

However, what about the other way round. A typical problem for me is, that I got on a trip after some weeks in office. While traveling I need to continue working on recent files, but syncing all files from the last weeks to my laptop takes ages. For sue, I can download the data manually from the website, but then I'm having the same problems as I had before there cloud storage services (multiple different versions of the same file, copying back and forth files between diferent computer, changing my folder structure across multiple inked files etc. ).

Having the option to click "sync first" to folders (or files online) so that these folders get prioritized for up- and download sync would be great.

1 Reply

Re: Prioritize folders / files to be downloaded

Dropboxer

Hello @MasterOfDragon!

With Dropbox you can prioritize the files you want to sync first!

Please find the steps here. 

Get back to us with feedback for this relatively new syncing feature. grinning face with smiling eyes

Also check how you can speed your Dropbox up! 

Cheers! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Prioritize folders / files to be downloaded
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post