Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Problems with PDF file moving, deleting etc. issues in Dropbox

New member | Level 2

Have been a pro dropbox user for years. Know my way around it. About 10 months ago I started noticing a lag everytime I wanted to select, move, or delete a PDF file. I cannot select multiple PDF files to do anything with them. If I try to delete, move, or select them  - a super incredibly long lag. If I delete one, a progress time bar comes up and it takes forever. Doesn't matter the size. I have the same issues with a 100kb PDF. Meanwhile no similar issues with ANY other file format.  JPG, TIF, DOC, PSD, PPT  - all instant response.

Thoughts? Help?

Addendum: I realize that these are the first things anyone is going to ask so I'll try to cover tham all here fast: I am on Windows 10, 64, I have had the native DB app on my computer for 10 years, I am referring to me using the app on a desktop, not mobile or using the web. Every other file type works fine. This just started happening a relatively short time ago. NOTHING else changed. It happens whether I have AV on or off. 

1 Reply

Re: Problems with PDF file moving, deleting etc. issues in Dropbox

Super User II

The Dropbox folder on your computer is a folder like any other. There's nothing special about it, and selecting, moving or deleting files is controlled by your operating system; not Dropbox.

Exit the Dropbox app and see if the problem continues.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Problems with PDF file moving, deleting etc. issues in Dropbox
1 Reply
0 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post