cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quickbooks Pro Desktop and DropBox

Quickbooks Pro Desktop and DropBox

pcohenchicago
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have been wanting to use Quickbooks Desktop on multiple computers.  I don't share it with anyone else but need access to it from a couple of different computers depending on my situation.  I was having sync issues where there would be conflicted copies, etc.  I know this is because the other computers that are syncing with DropBox and are on are causing sync issues.  What I have been doing now is to pause syncing from teh computer I am working on before I launch Quickbooks.  Once I am done using Quickbooks I close it then turn on syncing.  Things seems to be better and I am not getting the conflicted copy issues.  SInce I am a single user, it feels like that is the best strategy.  Anyone else doing something different that works?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
I, personally, think thats the best strategy with lots of backups JUST IN CASE! 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
I, personally, think thats the best strategy with lots of backups JUST IN CASE! 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

DavidRansier
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

What do you think of the idea of Backing up to Dropbox, then Open the Backup on the other computer. My wife carrys a thumb drive back and forth. I'm going to suggest using DropBox instead.

sschenquerman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I tried to work with the same problem.  I looks like that you need to wait until all files are syncronized with the Dropbox server.  However, i still find the whole process not as quick as I expected. Sometimes I find that work done on another computer does not reflect on the one working on.

Does anybody have any other alternative?

NJongebloed
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I will be using Quickbooks on Multiple Computers. I'm new to Quickbooks but a long time fan of DropBox and working from multiple machines.  

I will be interested to see how I can "share" my QuickBooks Files with my Accountant and Bookkeeper. Perhaps I will "share" the File Location of the Quickbook resources and make certain that they are too following this same procedure.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

NJongebloed New member | Level 2
    sschenquerman New member | Level 2
    DavidRansier New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?