Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

Highlighted

Random folders not syncing on PC

Explorer | Level 4

I run dropbox across multiple devices and platforms (macOS, mac iOS, PC- Win 10).  All are signed in to the same account (I only have one account).  On my phone, ipad, and Mac computers, all files and folders sync/show as they should.

On my Windows PC, there are a few missing subfolders. The PC is set to sync everything, and I confirmed that the missing folders in question are indeed checked to sync.

I ran the bad file check and nothing in the subfolder comes up as problematic.

What can I do to troubleshoot/fix this issue?

Thanks!

7 Replies

Re: Random folders not syncing on PC

Dropboxer
Thanks for carrying out some initial troubleshooting, @JDashNine, awesome work!

If a bad files check didn’t come up with anything, could you please try a reboot of the device? 

If that doesn’t bring up any results, could you please send me a screenshot of what the Dropbox icon that’s next to your desktop’s clock reads (omitting personal info)? Could you also let me know if these subfolders are part of a shared folder by any chance?

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 4

Hi- thanks for the response slightly smiling face

Dropbox 63.4.107, Up to date.  (had some trouble keeping that up for a screen grab)

If I click into it, it shows some recent files, and the bottom has a checkmark and "Up to date"

Is there other information that would be helpful around that icon/menu system?

The missing folder(s) - not part of shared folders. Owned by me and never shared.

Thanks again!

Dropboxer
Hey @JDashNine, apologies for the tardy reply here. Are you still having trouble with this?

If you are, please let me know and I’d suggest moving this discussion to email due to account-specific info that may be required so as to further investigate. In this case, I can contact you to the email address associated with your Forum profile. 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 4

Yep, still having the same issue.  How do we move this to PM?

Thanks!

Super User II

You need to log a ticket at www.dropbox.com/support which you can then track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Dropboxer

As @Mark said as well, you can contact our Support team, but for your convenience, I’ve made sure to send you the email directly to the email address associated with your Forum profile (as I mentioned that I can do for you in my earlier post). 

Looking forward to hearing back from you via email!

Lusil

Explorer | Level 4

Super- Following up via email. Thanks.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Random folders not syncing on PC
7 Replies
2 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post