cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Random missing images in Paper documents...

Helpful | Level 5

I use Paper to create training material and guides to our workflows for our staff: There's a lot of screenshots and, today, I've noticed that a bunch of these are missing from a Paper document:Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 12.01.05.pngFollowing the link gives this... (access denied? No change to the permissions have been made by me). Temporary Dropbox outage or a structural problem with the Paper doc, I'd like to get some insight into why this is happening. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 11.54.20.png

Tags (1)
4 Replies

Re: Random missing images in Paper documents...

Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that, @vilms

Initially, it looks like the photo you have included in your Paper doc is unavailable for preview, which would explain why you’d get an error. 

However, the photo looks like it’s linked to another website or third party app, is that right? If so, could the photo be unavailable from their end? 

Could you also let me know if the behavior you experience persist when you sign out of your account and if it occurs for other users as well?

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 5

Hello Lusil and thanks for your response.

Yes, the URL shows 'cloudfront' but that's just because Dropbox stores user content in Amazon buckets. These missing images are screenshots that were dropped from my Mac's desktop directly into Paper. I couldn't link to them from anywhere else because, well, they haven't *existed* anywhere else!

Best...

Helpful | Level 5

Update: Lusil, the images are now back in place. Nothing I changed! Happy that this has been resolved. Best...

Dropboxer
Glad to hear that, @vilms

If you have any other questions in the future, don’t hesitate to get back to me. In the meantime, have a wonderful day ahead!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Random missing images in Paper documents...
4 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post