Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Re-synchroniser Dropbox après une restauration partielle de Windows

anonymous
Not applicable

Question written in in French first, then in English. / Question écrite en frnçais d'abord, puis en anglais.

J'ai dû restauré partiellement mon ordinateur, i.e. réinstaller le système d'exploitation sans perdre mes fichiers personnels. Évidemment, toutes les applications ont été supprimées, y compris l'application Dropbox. Le répertoire Dropbox contenant les fichiers est resté, comme il se doit. Ce répertoire contient environ 500 milles fichiers, soit un peu moins de 1 To.

Est-il possible de réinstaller Dropbox et de réintégrer le répertoire existant ?

Ou dois-je supprimer le répertoire existant et laisser Dropbox recharger le tout ? Avec une connexion résidentielle, ce ser long... et hors de prix...

==============================

I had to partieally restore my computer, i.e reinstall the OS without suppressing my personnal files. Of course, all applications were suppressed, including Dropbox. The Dropbox directory has been preserved, as it is supposed to be. That directory contains about 500 thousands files, about abit less than 1 TB.

Is it possible to reinstall Dropbox and to integrte back the existing directory ?

Or must I suppress the directory and leave to Dropbox to reload everything ? With a domestique connexion, that will be long... and insanely costly ...

Tags (1)
1 Reply

Re: Re-synchroniser Dropbox après une restauration partielle de Windows

Dropboxer
Hi there @anonymous, 

If you want to re-install the desktop app but you don’t want to re-download all your files, you need to choose the "Advanced" option during the installation process and then choose the parent folder of the existing Dropbox folder as the location for this new install.

For example, if your old Dropbox folder was added to C:\Desktop\Dropbox, you would need to choose C:\Desktop and the app will try to create a new Dropbox folder. If you're connecting with the same Dropbox account as before, Dropbox will detect the existing folder and will then prompt you to merge the Dropbox folder. Once you merge, the desktop app will check existing content and online versions to update them accordingly.

Hope this helps! grinning face with smiling eyes

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Re-synchroniser Dropbox après une restauration partielle de Windows
1 Reply
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post