Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Re: Re-syncing/indexing...for hours...and hours

Super User II
What do you mean 'physical junctions' - do you use junctions within your Dropbox to sync files and folders outside of the 'Dropbox' folder?

When you modified that parameter where was it? What would that change do?

If it causes a change of the files then YES it should sync and needs to sync.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Explorer | Level 3
no, i don't use any junctions.
language parameter in the settings of dropbox.
it causes any change in the files.
it shoud not sync again.
remember, it occurs only with windows 10, not with seven.

Super User II
That one is odd then

I'd suggest logging that as a ticket (especially if its reproducible) at www.dropbox.com/support and let them know about it - chances are they'll miss it here.

You can then track said ticket at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Explorer | Level 3

my ticket  has been done

thanks

New member | Level 2

I have the same issue continually. I find it sad / hilarious that I can go to Dropbox online and download all of the files from my events folder for the day in no time at all (minutes, as in single-digit-minutes) while the dropbox app continues spinning around checking for updates.

Beyond frustrating and looking at other services.

It's clearly an app issune, not a computer or set up issue. I allow for maximum download speed and bandwidth at all times and clearly there aren't any issues since I can go to the site and download everything.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear about this @jwmsales.

Have you tried re-installing our app to see if this helps?

If you do and the issue persists, please forward me a screenshot of the exact status of the desktop app on the affected computer so I can have a further look into this.

More information

You can always look at the Dropbox icon in your taskbar (Windows) or menu bar (Mac) and see if it is done syncing. When Dropbox is fully synced then you should see a tick followed by the words “Up to date” on the menu.

If you do not see this then can you please let me know what the message being displayed reads?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Re-syncing/indexing...for hours...and hours
15 Replies
0 Likes