cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivate an old dropbox link (from 2015)

Reactivate an old dropbox link (from 2015)

Kimw1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

A dropbox link was sent to me in 2015 by a supplier and at the time I never created or saved the photos from it. I know want to go back and look at the link. How can one go around reactivating the old link / or get access to the photos without contacting the supplier ( we have since lost contact and the supplier has chnaged for business)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the additional info @Kimw1!

It seems that the owner who shared the link with you set a specific expiry date on the shared link.

Since the owner applied this setting to their link, you'll need to ask them to share the link with you again as we wouldn't be able to do anything on our side.

Sorry that I can't be of much more help with this, but do let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Kimw1, thanks for reaching out to us here!

If the link has be deleted or broken, then you would need to contact the owner of the content and ask them to share the files with you again.

Do you perhaps still have the original shared link?

If you still have the link but receive an error message that when trying to open it, please send a screenshot of the error message.

Let me know and we'll go from there!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Kimw1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Daphne ,

Thank you for your message. Yes I still have the link - when I open it , it tells me it has expired. Can I email it to you?

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the additional info @Kimw1!

It seems that the owner who shared the link with you set a specific expiry date on the shared link.

Since the owner applied this setting to their link, you'll need to ask them to share the link with you again as we wouldn't be able to do anything on our side.

Sorry that I can't be of much more help with this, but do let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Kimw1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Daphne,

Thank you for your response and help - I really apprieate it.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm glad to hear that @Kimw1!

If you need anything else in the future then please feel free to get back to me here. I'd be happy to help out. :grin:

Have a great start to your week!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    Kimw1 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?