Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Recover an older version of a document

Helpful | Level 5

When I restore a deleted document, I no longer see the option to review all recent versions of the file. Could anyone help me to restore the penultimate version of a file?

Tags (1)
5 Replies

Re: Recover an older version of a document

Dropboxer
Hey @graueri, your file recovery options depend on your plan, as Dropbox keeps snapshots of all changes made to files in your Dropbox within the past 30 days (or longer with Dropbox Business). That said, you should be able to recover older versions of files, restore deleted files, or undo deletion events, so long as they are within this timeframe. 

As you mentioned that you your were unable to recover a previous version of your file on your end though, can you check whether it’s outside of the allotted recovery period? 

Please keep me updated on your findings in your next message & I’ll do my best to check back with you on this discussion. Thanks again & happy Monday! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 5

Thank you @Jane. I cannot choose which version to restore (which I used to be able to do), but I now see that once restored I can use "version history" to recover an older file. Problem solved.

Dropboxer
Awesome @graueri, happy to hear that your initial inquiry has been addressed! Unicorn

Now that you know where you can find us, please don’t hesitate to get back in touch on the Community again in case you have more questions or you’d like to share your thoughts. Happy Dropboxing & take care until we talk again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

I WANT RECOVER FILE

Super User II
Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Recover an older version of a document
5 Replies
4 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post