cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering deleted files after 30days

Recovering deleted files after 30days

Vedavathi P.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi,
I am unable to see deleted files. How can I get deleted files after 30days?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Depends upon what you did to the Business Account and how long ago. A request to delete an account does exactly that - deletes it and the data with it.

The only way to know for sure though is contact support at www.dropbox.com/support and then track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com. Note that replies will take at least a few days.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23

Robert S.
Super User alumni
Go to solution

Unless you have a Dropbox for Business or Pro account with extended version history files are unrecoverable after the thirty day window has closed.

Vedavathi P.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Thanks Robert, if I purchase Business or Pro now, is there any possibility to recover those lost files? I am able to see those deleted details in events. but not the deleted files in folders.

Robert S.
Super User alumni
Go to solution

Unfortunately not, extended version history doesn't
work retroactively.

Vedavathi P.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I shared this folder with my boss. He has Business account. He is authorised to edit that folder. So can he has any chance to recover them?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Was it shared BEFORE the files were deleted? If so yes, he should be able to recover them.

If not no. They are lost.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Vedavathi P.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Oh Wow... Thanks Mark. I shared it when I created that folder. I can get my files back then... Thank you....

poppy b.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Is there any way to recover files deleted after 30 days without having pro account

Tim M.
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Hey Poppy, 

Nope, same answer as above. You will need either a Business or Pro account with extended file history to recover files that have been deleted for more than 30 days. 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

You will need either a Business or Pro account with extended file history to recover files that have been deleted for more than 30 days. 

One clarification on the above... You must have already had a Business account or a Pro account with Extended Version History active at the time of deletion and continuously since. Upgrading after the fact will not allow you to get around the 30 day limit.

If you don't already have Extended Version History, then files cannot be recover beyond 30 days.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Robert S. Super User alumni
    Brian H.20 New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    Richard P. Super User alumni
    Cindy M.11 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?