Announcements
Can you spare 5 minutes to help us improve our online support experience? Get involved!

yes

Remove a member from multiple folders at once

New member | Level 2

I have maybe 50 folders that I share with different people.  I need to remove one person from all folders.  I know how to do that one folder at a time, but wish to remoive the specific person from all folders at once.  How do I do that?

7 Replies

Re: Remove a member from multiple folders at once

Super User II
You cant I'm afraid Jeff. You need to do it individually.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

New member | Level 2

Thats what I was thinking.  Just hoping for that very useful feature...

New member | Level 2

These should be an added feature PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! I have over 100 folders which were created over the years with different people on it and it's a nightmare when one person needs to be removed!!! Please!

Can I mass remove permissions from all shared content?

New member | Level 2

I am wondering if there is a way to mass revoke permissions? Like i want to just remove persmissions to this one person from all my files at once rather than go to each file and do it indvidually?

Re: Removing Permissions

Dropboxer

Hey there @alldolledup - as this is not possible at the moment, I'll pass your comments to the team as a feature request.

If there's anything else I can assist with in the meantime, please let me know. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

This should be a MUST feature in Dropbox. Especially for Enterprise Admins.

I manage literally hundreds of folders among hundreds of users, and we change sharing quite often. People come and people quit.

A feature showing all shared folders and permission for a specific user is MANDATORY to well manage security in a company.

After 3 years this post is not answered by Dropbox yet. I really hope they start to think about proper user management in their system.

Highlighted

Re: Removing Permissions

New member | Level 2

This feature would be extremely helpful for Admins like me who manage hundreds of folders being shared with hundreds of users.

Users come and go. We need a way to remove quickly someone when needed.

Also for cleaning up shared folders would help to review an account how many folders can access and what permissions are applied.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this update. Please make it a priority in your development!

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Remove a member from multiple folders at once
7 Replies
6 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey