Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Re: Deleting Single Photos

Helpful | Level 5

You had me so excited, your fix does work but only if clicking on files on the left, then grid, and camera upload files.   

However, if on the menu on the left one clicks Photos, under Files, there is no list/grid option .  So for photos not in the camera uploads, it doesn't work, ARGGH!

But thanks for that upload folader fix, at least its something!

Helpful | Level 5

I still have to use the app to delete photos. Clicking show me the files just takes to me to the top of all files and it would take me forever to find them- so its pointless. Bad UX and you should feel bad for making it. 

Helpful | Level 5

So is that the key,  don't delete from computer, use mobile device?  I had just noticed that it is easy on my Samsung phone, and was wondering, if I delete on mobile app if it's deleted on-line. 

Helpful | Level 5

Quite a few years ago I had to choose between Dropbox and Google for my cloud storage and backup of my files. I chose dropbox, but now I know I made a mistake.

The management of photos on dropbox is an absolute shambles now. Google Photos is much better..... they even have a DELETE option! How advanced is that! /sarcasm.

Moving 500GB of photos from Dropbox over to Google Photos is going to be an abosolute pain, especially as I have a lot of duplicates already all over the place. 

Unless Dropbox fixes their photo managment they will lose a long term customer. Not having a 'Delete' button was the straw that broke the camels back.

Re: How to delete a photo on new photos page?

New member | Level 2

I am having the same issue and am extremely frustrated!!! How can there not be a delete button on photos?!?!

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Yes it takes you to the folder but as you are showing on your little image, you go into the folder with every single photo you've ever taken and it starts at the oldest. You have to scroll all the way to the bottom to see the images on the screen and THEN the delete option pops up, but not before it's shown as selected on your screen.

MAKE A DELETE BUTTON on the photo.

New member | Level 2

This used to work, but doesn't any more.  The "delete" option once you have sent it to "show in folder" is not longer there.  This is most frustrating.

Dropboxer
Hey Sharon7, let’s look into the matter together, I’d surely like to clarify this with you and help you in any way I can! 

Initially, have you tried to repeat the steps through an incognito window/ different browser/ clear cookies etc? This is merely to exclude a browser-specific behavior.  

Could you include a step-by-step description of the steps you’re following here, so as to reproduce with you & see if I’m getting the same results? 

Thanks in advance & I’m looking forward to hearing back from you on this discussion! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 5

2018-01-13 18-07-36.png

In the picture you can see what we want, PLEASE ADD THIS!!!

Helpful | Level 5

Well done Andrew!

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Request to be able to Delete photos on: https://www.dropbox.com/photos
64 Replies
63 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey