Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Required to open images in another tab

New member | Level 2

Hello,

I am new to Dropbox, and was dragging and dropping images from one file into another. 

Now I need to go through these images and further reduce the number of keepers.  When I try to view an image, it forces me to open it in another tab.  I don't want to do this.  I want to be able to view and arrow through all of them.  Is there any way to fix this?  I have a LOT of images in this file.  

Thank you,

Tina

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Required to open images in another tab

Super User

Hello lovecamping1068

are these photos inside the Photos folder in your Dropbox folder?  if not, you may want to move them there and if you view them on the web, you can select the first one and use your arrow buttons on the keyboard to go to the next one.  Keep in mind, that you can create folders within the Photos folder to create 'albums'.  The mobile app does a good job of viewing photos.  But on a browser (web interface) you can do the same

Hopes this helps

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Re: Required to open images in another tab

Dropboxer
Hey Tina, it’s so nice meeting you & welcome to our Dropbox Community; thanks for getting in touch here for assistance, I’d happily send over some tips below & we’ll take it from there!

For starters, it’s my understanding that you’re uploading files from your desktop on your account online (by dragging & dropping perhaps?), though can you please clarify this bit below: 

Now I need to go through these images and further reduce the number of keepers.

If so, I second Chris_J’s advice, as you may keep in mind that your Photos view (:which is a Timeline of your photos in Dropbox), is most likely what you’re looking for at the moment if you’d like to navigate through all your uploaded photos, whereas based on your description you’re currently inside the folder your pics are located on your folderstructure

Please do keep me updated on how this tip works for you or in case you need more assistance & I’ll make sure to check back with you in any way I can. Thanks again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Required to open images in another tab
2 Replies
5 Likes
Solved! : See solution