cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Save to Device on android phone - Single file vs multiple files

Save to Device on android phone - Single file vs multiple files

vpteng88
Explorer | Level 4

I am on Google Pixel 4. I want to download more than 5 photos at a time; However, they don't show up on Gallery app - Google Photos, Instagram and Messenger. I checked Folder app. They are still there. But for a single file, I downloaded one and it showed up.

I have been trying to solve this issue for 3 years but nothing works. I have to download one photo by one. It's really tiring.

Single file - (3 dots) > Export > Save to Device > Downloads folder
Multiple files - select photos > (3 dots on the right top) > Save to Device > Downloads folder

P.S. I have already contacted Dropbox support but it seems not to succeed. So I was asked to create this discussion.

8 Replies 8

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hey @vpteng88, welcome to the Dropbox Community. 

I'd be more than happy to see how I can help from my end, but I'll need just a bit more info. For example:

• Are you trying to export directly to another third party app or your internal storage?
  • Are you getting any error messages? 

Any screenshots (without personal info) that you could include would be very helpful. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

hungau
New member | Level 2

It's been 2 years for me and I'm also having this issue. I thought it would be fixed by now. it's when you download dropbox images onto your local phone image folder and it doesnt show up, but it will after you do a phone restart, it's very annoying. Please dropbox support, don't ask specific questions about it, take and andriod phone and try it for yourself, that's all you would need to do. Mine is one a samsung galaxy phone, but it seems like it's just an andriod thing if it's happening on the Pixel phone too.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for sharing your experience @hungau

I reproduced exporting multiple files from the Dropbox app and my files exported successfully. If you haven't already, please reinstall the Dropbox mobile app. No worries, this will not affect your Dropbox files in any way. 

Note :pushpin: When processes  with any app on your phone fail, you need to check the following: 

• Having available storage space in the device for updates to go through. 
  • Having enough battery. Usually things don't work right when you are below 20%. 
  • Make sure that all your apps are up to date. 
  • Switch from data to Wifi to see if you are having a connection issue.

Ping me if you need more help. :slight_smile: Cheers! 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

vpteng88
Explorer | Level 4

@Lusil
Two questions: No. Exporting only one image to other app works. Multiple images can't.

See the screenshots. There is no "Share" or "Export" when multiple images are selected.2019-11-19 14.43.24.png2019-11-19 14.43.24.png2019-11-19 14.43.30.png2019-11-19 14.43.30.png

vpteng88
Explorer | Level 4

@hungau Agreed with you! I used to have Samsung phone as a temporary phone. The same issue still happens.

You mentioned you do a phone restart. I haven't tried to do that before. You're right. It's annoying.

vpteng88
Explorer | Level 4
  • Having available storage space in the device for updates to go through. 
  • Having enough battery. Usually things don't work right when you are below 20%. 
  • Make sure that all your apps are up to date. 
  • Switch from data to Wifi to see if you are having a connection issue.

@Fiona Of course, I always follow these but there is still an issue.

• Please take an old Android phone (Not iPhone)
  • try to export selected images (more than 5)
  • check images on Instagram app for yourself.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for walking me through the steps you are taking @vpteng88

I now understand you need your files uploaded to instagram. We are missing a step here fro this to be done. 

Exporting the files from Dropbox should work. Then after exporting the files to your Android, you will need to find the pics in your device and upload them to instagram manually. There is no option to do this automatically, as we are not integrated with instagram. 

I hope this clarifies things. Let me know in you have any questions. Thanks! 

Have a nice weekend. 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

TBartley
Helpful | Level 5

People have been posting this error for years and to this day Dropbox staff still don't seem to understand what problem people are having (I've had this issue personally for 2+ years) so I've made a video to show what's happening.

Basically when you individually export files they show up ready to post on Instagram as the most recent photo saved on your device but when you batch export photos they don't. They're probably on the phone somewhere lost within 1000's of other photos but don't show up like an individually exported photo does.

I've posted about this in the forum multiple times and never got a resolution so hopefully this helps.

https://youtu.be/idkzgHTibCU 

Uploaded by Thom Bart on 2020-06-10.
Need more support?