Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

Highlighted

Saved/shared document didn’t appear until 4 days later! Thoughts as to why?

New member | Level 2

I saved a document in a shared folder. I assumed it was there, yet it didn’t ‘appear’ until 4 days later and said that my friend ( who shares the folder)had put it there. Any thoughts as to why or how that happened? I was uploading a LOT of documents that day.

Tags (1)
1 Reply

Re: Saved/shared document didn’t appear until 4 days later! Thoughts as to why?

Dropboxer
Hey @Gritsko, please remember is that syncing across your devices can take time if you have many or large files. When Dropbox syncs the files it starts with all of the folders, then uploads files from smallest to largest. Thus, it may look like the folders are empty or incomplete if you look during the syncing process. That said, if the file in question was queued within a larger upload, then you would have to wait for the sync job to complete. 

Once syncing is completed, you should be able to see your uploaded content either on your Events or your Homepage computer ▶️ 🕸️. If you’re uploading the file in question amongst a larger batch, can you have a look there & see if any of your content is updating online? 

Last but not least, as the cause for the syncing discrepancy you’ve described could be an underlying syncing Arrows Counter Clock/White check mark issue (just in case you suspect that something is blocking your device from syncing correctly in the background), can you make sure that you’re running the latest Dropbox version on your laptop (74.4.115), you’ve made all OS updates & you’re not using Symlinks? It’s also advisable to make sure Dropbox is syncing correctly on your menu bar/ system tray, as below: 

More information
menu-bar.pngsystem-tray.png
Thanks in advance for taking the time to have an additional look at the pointers above & please keep me updated on your findings in your next message & I'll follow-up with you asap! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Saved/shared document didn’t appear until 4 days later! Thoughts as to why?
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post