cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan upload error message

Scan upload error message

sqkelly
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

[NOTE: Whatever 310EI did to "combine" my messages deleted both of them. I apologize for posting twice however, it was not clear to me which thread this question should be in. On top of that, I am afraid that I lost 1.5 days work.]

I am loving the scan option in the Dropbox app. However, I have gotten several failed to upload messages. When there is an upload failure is there a "try again" option? Are the images saved on the phone somewhere? When I look at the PDFs that were created for the "successful" scans my "unsuccessful" scans are not there. This is freaking me out because the nature of my task is such that I will have great difficulty recreating the scans. I really need help. FAST. PLEASE do not delete this question. 

P.S. If the app does not save the files on failure this is a MAJOR flaw in the design.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

310EI
Super User
Go to solution

@sqkelly wrote:

It is an Android phone (Pixel 2). It is a University-related account. I have access to 2.1 PB.  There were intermittent wi-fi outages during my work, but it seems to me that the scans should be saved on the phone for upload when there is an interruption. Several of my jobs saved to Dropbox without a hitch. 

Hello, @sqkelly...

Thank you for the information.

Unfortunately, you have to initiate saving your scan to your phone (view instructions).  That's the first thing that I do after scanning because I'm not always connected to the internet.  By doing so, it safeguards important data and allows me to upload when it's convenient.

You didn't mention if you checked your storage space quota as I mentioned in the post above.  You stated the total storage space available to you, but that doesn't confirm you still have room for more uploads (look here please).

What version of the Android App are you using (eg: v76.2.2)?  If it's an older version then I suggest that you update it to the most current version.

View solution in original post

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey sqkelly, sorry to hear about your missing scans! 

310EI has brought this thread to my attention & I’ll make sure the issue you’ve experienced with the scanned content is investigated, I understand the urgency of the matter!

Firstly, as I’m under the impression that you’re part of a Dropbox Enterprise team, I’d advise getting in touch through our Official Support channel, since you have prioritized support level and we’ll make sure to address your question as soon as possible, based on the info we have on our tools. 

Just in case you may need additional assistance, please include a ticket ID to reference in your next reply here, so that I look it up internally and check back with my colleagues. 

Following, I’ll make sure to check back with our Community team & see what happened with the lost thread (you may keep in mind that we sometimes merge threads in order to keep things neat). Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. 

I’m looking forward to hearing back from you on here, so as to move forward with this request! 

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

310EI
Super User
Go to solution

@sqkelly wrote:

[NOTE: Whatever 310EI did to "combine" my messages deleted both of them. I apologize for posting twice however, it was not clear to me which thread this question should be in.]

Hello, @sqkelly...

I apologize that both of your threads were deleted when I merged them... obviously that's not supposed to occur.  I contacted a Dropboxer immediately afterwards to check into why both posts were deleted after the merge (I haven't heard back yet).

310EI
Super User
Go to solution

@sqkelly wrote:

I am loving the scan option in the Dropbox app. However, I have gotten several failed to upload messages. When there is an upload failure is there a "try again" option? Are the images saved on the phone somewhere? When I look at the PDFs that were created for the "successful" scans my "unsuccessful" scans are not there. This is freaking me out because the nature of my task is such that I will have great difficulty recreating the scans. I really need help.

Hello...

Are you using Android or iOs?

You didn't specify what type of account you use (eg: BasicIndividual or Team).

How much storage space does it show when you look here while being logged-in to Dropbox.com (eg: 825 MB of 2 GB used)?  It's possible that if you're exceeding your storage space quota then your files won't upload.

Please make sure that your device's WiFi or Mobile Data is working properly.

I suggest that you read this Help Center article regarding how scans can be saved (select Android or iOs to view instructions).

sqkelly
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It is an Android phone (Pixel 2). It is a University-related account. I have access to 2.1 PB.  There were intermittent wi-fi outages during my work, but it seems to me that the scans should be saved on the phone for upload when there is an interruption. Several of my jobs saved to Dropbox without a hitch. 

310EI
Super User
Go to solution

@sqkelly wrote:

Hello, @sqkelly...

Thank you for the information.

Unfortunately, you have to initiate saving your scan to your phone (view instructions).  That's the first thing that I do after scanning because I'm not always connected to the internet.  By doing so, it safeguards important data and allows me to upload when it's convenient.

You didn't mention if you checked your storage space quota as I mentioned in the post above.  You stated the total storage space available to you, but that doesn't confirm you still have room for more uploads (look here please).

What version of the Android App are you using (eg: v76.2.2)?  If it's an older version then I suggest that you update it to the most current version.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey sqkelly, sorry to hear about your missing scans! 

310EI has brought this thread to my attention & I’ll make sure the issue you’ve experienced with the scanned content is investigated, I understand the urgency of the matter!

Firstly, as I’m under the impression that you’re part of a Dropbox Enterprise team, I’d advise getting in touch through our Official Support channel, since you have prioritized support level and we’ll make sure to address your question as soon as possible, based on the info we have on our tools. 

Just in case you may need additional assistance, please include a ticket ID to reference in your next reply here, so that I look it up internally and check back with my colleagues. 

Following, I’ll make sure to check back with our Community team & see what happened with the lost thread (you may keep in mind that we sometimes merge threads in order to keep things neat). Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. 

I’m looking forward to hearing back from you on here, so as to move forward with this request! 

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    310EI Super User
    sqkelly Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?