Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Security Concerns with Dropbox Paper

New member | Level 2

It seems that when I create a new article, anybody can access it just by having the link to it. That's a big problem for me. Default security should be to hide everything and then add people one wants to share the document with.
Do you know any way of doing that? Or am I missing something?
I always have to be careful with that if I'm in a work environment (I'm working for Apknite), I'm really afraid of it when everything I write there is basically public.

3 Replies

Re: Security Concerns with Dropbox Paper

Dropboxer

Hey there @zuckerb - welcome to our Community!

At first, thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas about this - it's most appreciated.

Moving on to your concern now, note that you don't need to share your Paper docs. You can change your docs' settings following the steps outlined in the following Help Center article: https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/paper/sharing-permissions 

Specifically:

1. Open the Paper doc in question.
  2. Click the blue Invite button.
  3. Click Settings at the bottom right.
  4. Choose a sharing option under both Who can open this doc? and What can they do? You'll need to choose 'People invited to this doc' in the first field (the second one isn't of much essence when it comes to the task at hand). 
  5. Click Done.

After this point, your Paper doc(s) is set to be accessed by people with its link so if you choose not to share it, it will be private by default.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any more questions; I'll be happy to follow up. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Thanks for your response! 
I didn't notice it! :(

Dropboxer

No worries @zuckerb; we're always here to help!

I'm glad I could assist with the task at hand and should you come up with any Dropbox questions in the future, don't hesitate to let us know; we're only a post away!

Have a lovely day!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Security Concerns with Dropbox Paper
3 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post