cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selective Sync not showing all folders

Selective Sync not showing all folders

John A.14
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Unsure why, but a folder I generated online and then sent some files to, won't appear on any of the computers selective sync window. Using Mac latest version, 3.8.3. I can't untick that folder. I've tried renaming it, etc but it doesn't help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

odessavid
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

We had same problem. Here is solution

1. Log in to www.Dropbox.com using your web browser.
2. Click on your name at the top right corner of the page.
3. Click on "Settings".
4. From the "Profile" tab, scroll down to the section titled "Preferences" and uncheck the box next to "Include me in early releases" if it is checked.

5. Then, use the following link to install the latest stable version of the Dropbox desktop application:

https://www.dropbox.com/download

View solution in original post

57 Replies 57

Mariedb
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there! 

If the folder is not showing up, it would sound like you have a syncing issue on your computer. 

Would you be able to try quitting Dropbox and starting the app up again? 

Let me know if that works for you! 

John A.14
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi,

Yeah, i've done that a couple of times and rebooted also. This is the same problem on 2 totally different computers also...

Mariedb
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there!

Thanks for writing back about this. As this is a specific syncing issue, I will email you directly and we can go from there.

Thanks!

John A.14
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I didn't hear from you yet. Could you write me directly please. Thanks..

Chris F.19
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm having the same issue. Not all folders are showing in the selective sync folder list so can't remove them from my computer without removing them from dropbox!

Chris F.19
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Resolved. I have 1000's of files in my dropbox and I think it just took a long time for the folder list to update in the selective sync settings. Wait for the "Loading folders..." message to disappear. It took about 10 mins for me.

John A.14
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I still didn't hear anything from Dropbox support.. Guys, can you reach out to be directly..

Brian J.28
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm having the exact same issue - some critical folders aren't showing up in the file list. I have done a reboot, clean install, etc, still not showing up. left it up all night to see if it would eventually get the folder list and appears it finally crashed. Dropbox loses significant value if it can't sync all my files. I know I have a ton of files but i'm not even 50% of my 2tb space allocation

*Update: After having played with this extensively with even some of their beta versions I'm convinced they have a cached roof folder list and for whatever reason mine isn't being updated anymore. System looks at that first and then looks for others. Hopefully it finds them all before timing out. 

Very frustrating this isn't getting resolved - I've been dealing with it since mid 2015 - now one year later...

Família S.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm having the same issue here. Anyone?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

sj m. New member | Level 1
    Brad A.9 New member | Level 2
    Daniel M.68 New member | Level 1
    Brian J.28 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?