cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sending files via email to folders

Sending files via email to folders

jvlah
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I need to be able to send files to specific folders in dropbox via email.  Is this possible?  I do not want to have to login to 64 different accounts to update the files.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
That's not possible with Dropbox. There are third-party services that use the Dropbox API to allow you to email a file to a folder in your account, but it's to a single specific folder.

You might also be able to use something like IFTTT to build this yourself, but you'll likely still be limited to a single specific folder.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
That's not possible with Dropbox. There are third-party services that use the Dropbox API to allow you to email a file to a folder in your account, but it's to a single specific folder.

You might also be able to use something like IFTTT to build this yourself, but you'll likely still be limited to a single specific folder.

eashley
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

why can't dropbox ,provide a solution for this issue.

Emails2Me
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I see that box.com is similar and can do this. 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Emails2Me wrote:

I see that box.com is similar and can do this. 

Yes, for Business accounts. The feature is not available to Starter or Personal accounts.

FritsErasmus
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi Rich,
Could you please share with us the link to such an service.
I desperately need such a service so I can send an email to a specific email address and the attachment{s} will end in a specific Dropbox folder.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
Need more support?