Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Shared link IP clicks

New member | Level 2

Hey guys,

I sell digital products online and I use Dropbox to manage my files. When someone purchases a product, he/she receives the Dropbox link and he/she can download the digital product.

Yesterday, a customer disputed a charge and I had to refund the money as well as additional fee's to process the dispute. I want to prove that the customer has received the product. I know the customer's IP address so I was wondering if there was any chance to lookup which IP addresses visited the shared link?

Much appreciated. 

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Shared link IP clicks

Super User alumni

No, Dropbox doesn't record things like IP's visiting links, or even the number of clicks on links.

About my only suggestion would be to convert the link to a bilty one before sending it to the consumer. 

New member | Level 2

Got it, thanks.

New member | Level 1

New to dropbox. I have uploaded a 1.41gb video, but when I share it people say it only goes for 15 minutes, I can see the full 46 minutes, I am sharing via  the link. do they need dropbox to see the full version.

New member | Level 1

Video is previewed online ONLY, and only 15 mins, they have to download the file to view the whole thing (previewed online meaning its not the original you uploaded)

New member | Level 1

Thank you Dave

so if you view it in windows media will that give them the full time or file explorer?

New member | Level 1

When downloaded, they get the orginal file.

The online version is a preview, like when you upload a word doc, and it creates a pdf preview.

You need to have them download the original.

FYI: if the links you supply them to the file end in dl=0 copy then change them to dl=1 and email them from your own email address, the dl=1 links just download instantly.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Shared link IP clicks
6 Replies
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey