Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Showcase - who can see comments?

New member | Level 2

Hi All

I have read the forum around how comments work on Showcase.

I gather you cannot disable comments.

My question is: can everyone who has a access to the my showcase document see comments that others have written?

If they can, then I cannot really use Showcase for my intended purpose - which is sending out a briefing document to several consulting firms in order for them to give me a proposal - only one of them will get the job. I don't want them to see who else I have sent the document out to - and this might be revealed if someone comments and the comments are visible to all recipients.

I am aware that recipients of the link (or invitation) can only comment if they have a dropbox account and are signed in. But it is quite likely the consultants will have drop box accounts and may wish to post a comment or question. Obviously I could ask them not to comment when sending out the link - but it would be better if I didnt have to.

Thank you in anticipation

3 Replies

Re: Showcase - who can see comments?

Dropboxer
Hey there @slaz,

Indeed you’re right there in that those who are signed into a Dropbox account can leave a comment on a Showcase, and anyone who views the Showcase can see comments others have left.

Perhaps as a work around I can suggest that you can make a copy of the Showcase and you can send different copies to different recipients. This way, you can gain feedback and questions without there being any overlap in the different recipients you’ve shared with.

To make a copy, from your Showcase home page you can click the “…” next to the file and choose “Make a copy”. Making copies will only copy the content of the Showcase and comments, invited users or sharing settings will not be transferred to the copy. It’s essentially like creating a new file from scratch but keeping all the content you want.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any other questions - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

New member | Level 2

Thanks very much Daphne for your very prompt reply.

It would be very nice to have more control over comments - but for the time being your workaround suggestion will do just fine.

Kind regards

Dropboxer
Hey @slaz,

I’m glad to hear that this workaround will be feasible for you at this moment! I’ll make sure to pass along your feedback to our dev team regarding more controls over commenting on your files.

If there’s any other questions you have I’ll be more than happy to help.

Have a great day - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Showcase - who can see comments?
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post