cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Slow synchronization and conflicted copies.

Explorer | Level 4

Hi everyone! And happy New Year!

Can someone help me resolve such an issue: after a Windows Update at one PC, my Dropbox is toooo slow to synchronize the files. e.g. it started with synchronization of about 190,000 files this morning and for more than half an hour it shows "167,433 files to synchronize". It also says "Indexation of 168 files. Files to upload 85,489. Files to download 81,776" (Sorry if the words are incorrect, 'coz i use Russian version.) And the numbers do not change... It started to duplicate the files/folders as conflicting copies (but from my today PC) though the files are identical. I've seen the duplicates earlier but with additionally indicated conflicting copies from my previously used PC, not the now used.

7 Replies

Re: Slow synchronisation

Dropboxer

Hello @Центр я!

I hope 2020 is a good year for you! Champange slightly smiling face Thanks for reaching out to us.

To help you with this the best way possible, I will need to know the following: 

1. Is your Dropbox desktop application reporting to be going through an update? 
  2. What is the version of Dropbox you have installed there?
  3. Did you upload these files? What is the action that you took before the app started syncing? 
  4. I will need to see the conflicts. If this is not a problem for you, could you please post a screenshot showing the conflicts? 

Thank you! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Fiona!

Thank you for your hopes! I wish your support returns the best for you either.

1, 2) The Dropbox on this PC is version 87.4.138. No, it is not updating.

3) The files have been in the folders for a very long time already. The main events that could influence the Dropbox were the Windows update as I wrote before. And a very important as well, I guess -- a temporary change of date in BIOS to a previous year, after which many programs asked for login and password (maybe the Dropbox either, but I'm not sure) even my Vivaldi browser showed a very old history instead of the last one.

4) Unfortunately, I have deleted the created conflicts. Plus, after that I unlinked the folder--which is also at another PC and created the conflicts inside--and I deleted the whole folder from my PC. Then I linked it again and now, after some hours, it is created here again. Still without files, folders only. I may only show you a pic of the Dropbox syncing window, but it is in Russian. These are the numbers shown today.Dropbox sync.png

Dropboxer

Thank you for the screenshot and the additional info. 

Is maybe the device that created the conflicts on a Server? thinking face

Fiona

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 4

Yes, the conflicts with such names are usually created by other devices. But as i have seen earlier, Dropbox showed such newly created conflicts on my PC with normal name, though the files that remained named default at another PC were shown on my PC as conflicts from that PC. I hope you could understand such a jumble of the same words. dizzy face

I guess there also was no access to the Dropbox server for some time yesterday in the morning due to shutdown of Ethernet. Though it should not influence my PC anyhow.

Dropboxer

I understand. Based on your description, the conflicts must be generates from the shut down of the browser. However I cannot be sure of that without checking the file history of these conflicts and their additions. 

Would you like me to contact you in the address associated with your Community profile to look into this? 

Fiona

Explorer | Level 4

Oh, sorry, I didn't point that the shutdown of the Ethernet was at the other device, not this one. Yes, you may address me anywhere. What information do you need for it?

Dropboxer

Just to respond to my email so I can verify the account and look for the history of conflicts to confirm where they are generated from. 

You got mail. envelope slightly smiling face

Thank you! 

Fiona

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Slow synchronization and conflicted copies.
7 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post