Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Smart Sync is Experiencing an Issue - Mac High Sierra

New member | Level 2

I'm having this problem on my iMac, but not on my Macbook. I get "Smart Sync is Experiencing an Issue" and everything is syncing locally for my work business account. Like I said, no issue on my Macbook with the exact same OS install of High Sierra, and this just started recently. I've reboot and reinstalled (over the existing Dropbox) and it still doesn't work. I'd prefer not to have to remove the application and do a complete install from scratch, is that my only option? 

If I right-click on a folder, and choose "online only", it toggles briefly from the green checkmark to the online-only icon, and then toggles immediately back.

32 Replies

Re: Smart Sync is Experiencing an Issue - Mac High Sierra

Dropboxer
Hey @mhedstrom, welcome to our forum! 

Can you please confirm that you are using MacOS 10.13.1 (this is the latest stable version) on both your devices? 

Also, please make sure that you are on version 39.4.49 of our app. 

Beta versions of the operating system or our app can cause these issues. As for our app, a beta version is denoted by a xx.3.xx, instead of the xx.4.xx. If you are on a beta build, it means that you have opted in to Early Releases in your online account settings. I recommend that you switch this off, and them install our stable build. 

I hope this helps. Let me know when you get a chance. 
Thanks!

Sanchez
Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Yes, MacOS 10.13, my iMac shows nothing available that's more current than that. Current version of Dropbox installed is 39.4.49, and early releases is (and has been) off in my account.

Dropboxer
@mhedstrom, thanks for checking that and getting back to me. I think it would be best to put you in touch with our support team. Please submit a support ticket here, so an agent can investigate further and assist. 

Cheers 

Sanchez
Moderator @ Dropbox

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

New member | Level 2

I'm having same problem with Mac High Sierra beta 10.13.2. Started after I did the upgrade to the new beta a couple days ago. Smart sync not working. Reinstalling Dropbox.app doesn't solve it.

New member | Level 2

Make sure no usb devices are connected when installing the app. Restart your computer after the installation. It still crashes sometimes for me as well

Dropboxer
Hey @markpotts, welcome to our community! 
If you’re all up to date with your operating system and our app, then please submit a ticket here so an agent can investigate and troubleshoot further. 
Thanks! 

Sanchez
Moderator @ Dropbox

Helpful | Level 6

I'm still waiting for a response on mine. I had submitted it Monday, accidentally from my personal account, so they responded asking me to respond from my business account. Did that over 24 hours ago, and waiting still. Assuming that's just not enough time?

Dropboxer
@MichelleH1, have you heard back from our team? If not, let me know your ticket number here, and I’ll check on it for you. 

Cheers! 

Sanchez
Moderator @ Dropbox

Helpful | Level 6

I did this morning.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Smart Sync is Experiencing an Issue - Mac High Sierra
32 Replies
17 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post