Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Smart Sync is experiencing an issue

Explorer | Level 3

I am having an ongoing issue with Smart Sync.

MacBook Pro 2017- OSX 10.13.6

Drop box 58.4.92

DropBox app is giving me this error.
"Smart Sync is experiencing an issue. To open online-only files, right-click and choose SmartSync and then local."

I have to manually right click, sync to local,  and then open files
(does not auto sync and open files)
Attempting to open "online only" files gives erroers saying the file is corrupt.
(all formats of files)

This also affects linked files through inDesign. 

I have tried the Support recommendation of unloading dropbox kernel but that also errors.

HELP!

7 Replies

Re: Smart Sync is experiencing an issue

Dropboxer
Sorry to hear about this, @Waps

Initially, I’d recommend updating your desktop app to our latest stable version (59.4.93) using the offline installer - maybe that will do the trick. 

If you’re still encountering some trouble with this, since you’ve done some initial troubleshooting (awesome work), I’d recommend at this point to continue this discussion via email so as to further investigate. 

For this reason, I was able to locate your ongoing communication with a specialized member of the team and I’ve passed your comments along. Should you require further assistance on this, due to account specific info required to continue troubleshooting, please reply to them via email. Rest assured, they'll do their best to assist you on this. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for your reply

I have updated to 59.4.93 and the dropbox error does not appear now. But SmartSync is still not working correctly. I still cannot open files without manually making them local. 

Other users onthe same account can double click on a file and it auto syncs to local and opens without error.

Dropboxer
Glad to hear about the error disappearing, and sorry to hear that you're still experiencing some trouble with Smart Sync. 

@Waps wrote:

Other users onthe same account can double click on a file and it auto syncs to local and opens without error. 

Are you getting seeing an error other than the one you were seeing before? Could you please send me a screenshot (omitting personal info) of this so as to have a better understanding of this? 

Thanks in advance, @Wapsgrinning face

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3

I am still having this issue.
Tech support keep referring me to the same support procedures.

Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that, @Waps. I’ve made sure to pass your comments along to my colleague. They’ll review your concern again and get back to you with the relevant info. 

Thanks for your patience and cooperation on the matter. 

Lusil

Explorer | Level 3

Same, I have updated to 59.4.93 and the dropbox error does not appear now. But SmartSync is still not working correctly. I still cannot open files without manually making them local. 
Such a waste of working time.

Super User II

59.4.93 is a very old version. The latest stable version is 79.4.143. Have you tried updating to the latest version?

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Smart Sync is experiencing an issue
7 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post