cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Re: Smart Sync still taking up local space

Helpful | Level 6

Yeah, I don't understand this. It's been MONTHS, and there's still zero liabality from anyone. No timeline, no anything. Just a shrug and a point at Apple. We're still over here paying for Dropbox though.

I don't think my Smart Sync has worked once in the few months I've had it either, regardless of whether they say the next "snapshots" should clear it up.

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 9

Have you made sure that you have no a/v scan going on those files and no file backup on those files?

Explorer | Level 3

I have this issue, ever since I upgraded to Professional - the ONLY reason I made the switch was for this feature, so it's pretty frustrating.. 

Can I force a snapshot to be taken?

Dropboxer
Hey there (@logandeyo), to further investigate I’ve sent you a brief message on the email connected to your Community profile. You may have a look at your inbox whenever you have some spare time & we’ll take it from there. 

Following, when it comes to your inquiry (@liongabriel), I can see that your request has currently reached our higher-level technicians, so I’ve made sure to include a copy of your comments on your ongoing correspondence & I’ve increased your support priority internally. 

Since they’ve got more advanced tools at their disposal, they could best determine where the issue lies for your setup or settings. Please include all relevant details on that email chain & rest assured that they’ll do their best to follow-up on the matter. 

I hope that this is helpful to you! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Smartsync still taking space in hard-drive

Explorer | Level 4

Screenshot 2019-04-03 08.42.56.pngI just got a new macbook pro (Mojave 10.14.3) . Out of 250G space, only 153G is avilable. Tons of space is being used in Documents (170G), and the files are all movies from Camera Uploads that are automatically stored in dropbox. I use smartsync - online only for the Camera Uploads folder. Plus, my use of files don't really add up - I use 18G in application, 170G in documnets, 34G in iOS files, - This would add up to 220G easily. Does anyone have similar issue?

Helpful | Level 7
Still no progress I see.

New member | Level 2

Hi, I am having the same problem.

I turned on "online only" over 2 months ago, but it is still showing in my storage (System info)...

Thanks for your help

Dropboxer

Hey @SophieBoles, thanks for pinging me here; I’ve sent you a brief on the email address connected to your Community profile. Please have a look at your inbox if you’d like to work on that with me & we’ll take it from there!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 4

I am having this same issue.

The About This Mac storage tab shows I have 851gb of files in documents but if I get info on the dropbox folder it shows only have 118gb on disk.

Other apps on the system are telling me I am low in disk space.

I have had this same issue across multiple macs and multiple macos. I have been using selective sync since its release.

Currently on Macos 10.14.4

New member | Level 2

Thank you Jane, although I don't believe I have an email address linked to this profile. Please may you confirm either the email address you sent it to, or copy and paste your response here? Many thanks

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Smart Sync still taking up local space
812 Replies
682 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey