Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Some files downloaded from dropbox become corrupted.

New member | Level 2

We came across a few situations where the files we downloaded from Dropbox are found corrupted. Especially when we downloaded it as a folder.

Would appreciate if you could explain what or where went wrong, and how can we avoid this.

Thanks.

4 Replies

Re: Some files downloaded from dropbox become corrupted.

Super User II
If you download things over about 1,000 files or 2gb in a single download (i.e. creating a zip of them) they often corrupt.

Suggestion is to add them to your Dropbox and download them that way OR download in smaller chunks.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

New member | Level 2

Saw this post via a Google search, as I had the same issue.  I got a new computer, and so set up the Dropbox app (Windows 10) to download the many thousands of files I have so as to migrate to the new computer.  I noticed that the downloading process managed to edit/corrupt about 14 files.  Had I known of the potential corruption issue ahead of time, naturally I would have Mark's advice in the reply and done things differently, but I didn't know that could happen.  So my followup question is: Is there an efficient or somewhat easy way to flag and revert all of those corrupted files to their previous un-corrupted versions?

Thank you

Explorer | Level 4

I loaded mine one at a time and lost them all beacuse dropbox sucks!

Dropboxer

Hey there @sheilah l.,

I'd be more than happy to help you with the issue you're experiencing but I will need you to provide me a little more info. Since this thread is related to issues with downloading files from the website, is that what you're experiencing too?

If you're receiving any error messages when downloading or opening files on your computer, then please send a screenshot of this error (excluding any personal info).

Let me know - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Some files downloaded from dropbox become corrupted.
4 Replies
2 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post