Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Highlighted

Stop auto creating shared links for camera uploads

Helpful | Level 5

I noticed I have tons of shared links in my "Camera Uploads" folder. How do I stop automatically creating these unsafe open links after it syncs to this folder? I don't want to have them automatically available for anyone with the link but only if I want to.

I can move the photos outside this folder which automatically stops these shared link but I don't want to have them created in the first place.

Tags (1)
4 Replies

Re: Stop auto creating shared links for camera uploads

Super User II

Dropbox doesn't create links automatically; for Camera Uploads or any other files in your account.

Helpful | Level 5

As soon as I take a picture on my Android and right after it automatically syncs the picture shows under https://www.dropbox.com/links. 

The picture shows under the column named "Links created" and does have shared link option. I would say Dropbox DOES create open shared links automatically; security issue!

Super User II

I have been unable to recreate this and can find no option to have links created automatically. Dropbox has never done this in the past.

Is this a Samsung device by chance? If so, is DocumentSync active on it?

Helpful | Level 5

Super User, that is a super answer. I do have a Samsung device but your reply made me check my NAS server which surprisingly ( I know now) contains IFTTT App of an Dropbox applet which automatically creates shared links. I deactivated the Dropbox apps, problem resolved!

Thanks for your adequate reply and fix.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Stop auto creating shared links for camera uploads
4 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post