Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Stopping a drop-and-drag upload on browser dropbox

New member | Level 1

Dear Dropbox & community,

I accidentally dragged the wrong folder into the upload folder on the web browser version of dropbox. It is now uploading some few thousand files and estimating many hours to complete itself. I do not see a way on the website to mass cancel or undo the upload. As there are so many tiny files, it would take an equal amount of time to try to go through and cancel each file individually. Is there a way to mass cancel files uploading on the browser, or do I need to wait a few hours for it to all be uploaded before I can delete the file mass?

Thanks,
G.

10 Replies

Re: Stopping a drop-and-drag upload on browser dropbox

New member | Level 1

(Figured out that if you sign-out from the browser, it will cancel all pending uploads)

New member | Level 1

Thank you for following up on this... what a disaster canceling 950 files one by one would have been.  O_o

New member | Level 1

Yes, OMG thank you!

New member | Level 1

I'm not accessing dropbox in a browser but it's installed on my macbook air. Any hints on how to cancel the file transfer in that situation?? Would love help - it's days of uploads apparently.

New member | Level 1

if you¿'re using the app / desktop software it's the same, unlink your account

New member | Level 1

This is why I WILL NEVER PAY FOR DROP BOX. Its interfaces are unintuitive, inconsistent between mobile and desktop versions.

New member | Level 1

I just had a similar problem. I pressed x on the tab to closet the browser page. A pop up came up saying  something like "if you close this page it will cancel your uploads". OK. that's what I wanted.

Super User II

And if you're uploading files through the Dropbox client on a computer, you initiated it by putting the files in the Dropbox folder. To cancel it, just move the files back out.

New member | Level 2

Why is there simply no "cancel upload" button? Disastrous...

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Stopping a drop-and-drag upload on browser dropbox
10 Replies
15 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post