Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Sync metadata from phone with dropbox metadata

New member | Level 2

hello

I want to Sync metadata from phone with dropbox metadata, so that the media metadata also shows what my phone has to say concerning the same media metadata

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Sync metadata from phone with dropbox metadata

Dropboxer

Hey there @PostgresDolphin  - how are you today?

As I'm not sure I follow here, can you please elaborate on what you're trying to eventually accomplish? 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

I think I have the same question kind of..

the metadata of our pictures contain the date that the picture/video is taken as well as other information (for example what was used to take the picture, etc..)

For me I would love to see when pictures/videos were taken. As it is now I can only see when files were last modified (in this case when they were uploaded..)

Super User II

That data, known as EXIF data in the case of your photos, is embedded in the file itself. The Dropbox website doesn't display that information, but it's still in the files when they sync down to your comptuer. Some of it will be available within your operating system while viewing the details of the file. To see the full EXIF data you'll need to use a program that's capable of displaying that information.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Sync metadata from phone with dropbox metadata
3 Replies
0 Likes