cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synology hyperbackup Dropbox error

Synology hyperbackup Dropbox error

simonnewall
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

get issues with synology hyperbackup with the error

[Dropbox][Completed_PDaS] Exception occurred while backing up data. (No permission to access the backup destination [Invert Surveys NAS]. Please check you have the right permission to the backup destination.)

can i see the file owner ship, permissions and tags anywhere in dropbox

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@simonnewall wrote:

I have contacted synology and they are saying its a tag on the files called restricted_content

RestrictedContent refers to a file that has been marked as restricted due to malware, a DMCA violation, etc. Files marked as such won't sync.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Since Synology uses a third party app to connect to Dropbox, I’d kindly recommend contacting them first for more info on the matter. 

If you’re still having trouble with this or if you have any updates on the matter, don’t hesitate to get back to me. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

simonnewall
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi

I have contacted synology and they are saying its a tag on the files called restricted_content

they are saying the API is having different affects than direct access via dropbox browser

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for your swift reply, @simonnewall!

Dropbox itself doesn’t have a tagging option, so this may be due to a third party app. Although there isn’t much support we can offer, you could try removing the tags and see if that helps. :disappointed_relieved:

Let me know of any updates! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

simonnewall
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

mmm

they say the tag is on dropbox.....oh the fun

is there any extra reporting that can be applied to see at what point the pemission denied is happening

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Although I don’t think there is from our end, I’ll leave this thread open in case there are any like-minded users that can offer some input on this. 

In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions, @simonnewall!  

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@simonnewall wrote:

RestrictedContent refers to a file that has been marked as restricted due to malware, a DMCA violation, etc. Files marked as such won't sync.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    simonnewall Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?